…As Nwosu Emerges Acting Chairman
The Ikeduru Local Government Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party in Imo State, Geoffrey Ihentuge and the Vice Chairman, Godson Okereke have been suspended from office.
Rising from an emergency meeting, held at the Party’s Local Government Area Secretariat, the party accused the duo of the Chairman and the Deputy Chairman of embezzlement of funds, incompetence, and dishonest behaviour.
A resolution suspending the duo, signed by twenty (20) members of the Local Government Executive Committee and Ward Chairmen, dated November 18, 2022, was made available to Atlantic Reporters, Saturday morning.
The Party also approved the nomination of one Hon. Victor Nwosu as Acting Chairman of the Party in the Local Government Area.
Ikeduru is the home Local Government of the National Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party, Senator Samuel Anyanwu.
Read the full resolution below:
*PEOPLES DEMOCRATIC PARTY (PDP) IKEDURU LGA*
*SUSPENSION OF CHAIRMAN MR. GEOFFREY IHENTUGE AND VICE CHAIRMAN MR. GODSON OKEREKE*
*…for financial embezzlement, gross incompetence, dishonesty, divide and rule etc.*
*…nomination of Hon. Victor Nwosu as Acting Chairman.
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Ikeduru LGA in an emergency enlarge executive meeting held on Friday 18th November 2022 at the party secretariat, Atta, suspended Mr. Geoffrey Ihentuge and Mr. Godson Okereke, Chairman and vice Chairman respectively.
*The two were suspended for financial embezzlement, anti party activities, gross incompetence, dishonesty, Division among party members and executives etc.*
In a separate motion moved, seconded and overwhelmingly endorsed by all executive members present, for “vote of no confidence” and their respective suspension was described as long over due and a step in the right direction.
The Secretary, Hon. Victor Nwosu was nominated as Acting Chairman pending the ratification of the suspension notice by Imo State PDP Chairman.
1. Hon. Victor Nwosu – Secretary
2. Nnamdi Ezeji – organizing Secretary
3. Samuel Nwokeocha – Publicity Secretary
4. Dr. Collins Ejionu – Financial Secretary
5. Victor Oparaocha – Assistant Secretary
6. Enwerem Chimaobi – Treasurer
7. Mrs. Caroline Onuoha – Assistant Publicity Secretary
8. Mrs Eugenia Njoku – Ex-officio
9. Mrs Felicia Asimole – Ex-officio
10. Friday Ayoka – Special Citizen
11. Tony Igwe – Atta 1 ward Chairman
12. Mbama Akakem – Ngugo/Ikembara ward Chairman
13. Vitus Anochie – O/U/E ward Chairman
14. Uzondu Francis – Inyishi/Umudim ward Chairman
15. Martin Nwasoro – Atta 2 ward Chairman
16. Ben Garu Onwu – Amakohia ward Chairman
17. Chinanu Ugorji – Amatta Ward Chairman
18. Nzeh John Anyanwu – Avuvu ward Chairman
19. Godfrey Iwuji – Akabo ward Chairman
20. Hon. Reginald Obi – Uzoagba ward Chairman