The Zamfara State chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has condemned the alleged scrapping of key Shari’a components by the State Government.
The party claimed that the action was taken by the government through a circular by the permanent Secretary, Cabinet Affairs, Lawal Hussain.
The seven components that were reportedly scrapped are:
- Quranic Recitation and Tajweed Agency
- Shari’a Research and Development Commission
- Public Complaint Commission
- Anti-Corruption Commission
- Directorate for Quranic Schools and Islamic Organizations
- Islamic Preachings and Jumaat Mosques
- Eid Praying Grounds Establishment Regulation Commission
The APC stated that the scrapping of these components is a violation of the Zamfara State Shari’a Law, which was enacted in 2000. The party also accused the state government of trying to undermine the Islamic faith and culture of the people of Zamfara.
The state government has not yet responded to the allegations.